In May of 2014, we made the switch to Android Studio as our preferred Android IDE, migrating away from Eclipse in our Android bootcamps and book. As we have started new app development projects for clients, we transitioned away from IntelliJ, our previous IDE of choice. This shift has allowed us to build a uniform skillset, enhancing both our teaching and consulting. However, we still had trouble integrating some of the tools and techniques that made our past projects so successful. Android Studio recently moved out of beta, so now is a good time to share about our successes so far. We’ve put together a set of best practices for setting up a project that uses Android Studio, Gradle and Robolectric.