Big Nerd Ranch Training: Coronavirus Impacts
Below you’ll find the most up-to-date information regarding BNR Training’s response to Covid-19. Be sure to check back as this will be updated as the situation continues to evolve. This information was last updated on 04-24-2020.
What is the current situation with Big Nerd Ranch training?
We’ve been in the business of training people in person for nearly 20 years. As you know, we’re not able to do that safely in the current environment. In the interest of the safety of our students and instructors, we have canceled all of our in-person bootcamps through June.
Are you offering online or virtual classes?
- We’re not shutting down. We’ve shifted our business online for the time being and we’re ready to train on three fronts.
- We are still running virtual team training for any corporate team interested in getting started with mobile programming or leveling up their skills. We’ve already successfully completed a few virtual trainings, and you can learn about our quick pivot to virtual training in this post.
- We are also running a series of workshops this summer aimed at current programmers who are interested in leveling up their skills. We’re covering topics for React, Android, iOS, and Design. You can see the full list of workshops and sign up for one here.
- Lastly, we’re looking to launch a fully online course that will include a mixture of live, virtual lectures, self-paced lab work, and a final capstone project.
When do you anticipate being able to run in-person training again?
- The short answer is—it depends. At a minimum, gatherings of 10+ people and non-essential travel need to be allowed and/or encouraged for us to be able to run a training. Different parts of the US (and the world) will have different guidelines and restrictions on things like this, so we’ll have to address the majority of these situations as they arise. We’re closely monitoring the guidance from the US government and also the actions of state and local governments to make informed decisions about when we’ll resume in-person training.
Who should I contact with questions?
- If you have any questions about our training or how we’re responding to the Covid-19 crisis, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.