Back End Web Developer- Golang
Back End Web Developer- Golang
Established in 2001, Big Nerd Ranch specializes in client app development and expert instruction from the brightest developers and designers in the industry. When you need an iOS, Android or web app to solve a problem, grow your business or engage your employees, partnering with us is a no-brainer. We provide end-to-end mobile solutions for a range of app development projects, including iOS, Android, full-stack web and design.
Here at Big Nerd Ranch our mission is to empower individuals and organizations to dream big and achieve more through innovative digital product development and training. While being, Brilliant, Curious, Kind, Hardworking, Authentic, Accountable.
We are seeking a Back End Developer to join our team. This Developer will need to have knowledge and experience of Golang. This person must reside in the United States and can work 100% remote from home.
- Deliver back-end solutions for clients using specifically Golang.
- Have knowledge with Node.js, and Java (Spring) or be able to learn these technologies with time
- Write stories (use cases, technical and functional requirements), tests and code.
- Help guide clients towards effective solutions that balance technical requirements and business needs.
- Participate in our technology sales process by attending sales meetings and providing estimates, risks, assumptions, and requirements for future opportunities.
- Attend development meetings (stand-ups, kick-offs, retrospectives) and design sessions with teams and clients.
- Inspire fellow nerds, future clients, our students, and the community at large by writing, speaking, screencasting, contributing to open source software, and demonstrating our collective expertise and experience.
You’ll be successful in this role if:
- Possess strong development and debugging skills with a deep understanding of Golang; Java, or Node.js behavior in backend contexts are nice to haves
- Proficient in consuming and producing tested APIs with two or more languages.
- Have experience designing a Golang, Java Spring (Boot & Web Services), or Node.js (Express) application.
- Are skilled in both relational DB design and nonrelational database usage.
- Are experienced in CI/CD devops, including AWS, monitoring (datadog, splunk), CircleCI, Jenkins, Github.
- Experience in a modern JS library (React, Vue, Angular); nice to have
- Take ownership of tasks to raise questions and risks early, find creative solutions, and bring them to completion.
- Have a passion for mentoring others and have the ability to communicate with a wide range of people.
Benefits We Offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401k matching, short- and long-term disability
- Retina MacBook Pro and Geek Desk for when you’re at the office
- A flexible, remote-friendly and learning based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
- Education is hugely important to us. We want to send you to one conference a year, and if you want to learn about something entirely different we’ll train you at one of our bootcamps.
- The fridge is loaded and the kitchen is stocked. Craft caffeine? Check.
- On-site personal training sessions
- At Big Nerd Ranch you’ll be working with the most brilliant, most kind, and hardest working nerds in the solar system. You’ll help companies build and launch useful products, and share what you’ve learned with the world.
Are you up to the challenge?