Established in 2001, Big Nerd Ranch specializes in client app development and expert instruction from the brightest developers and designers in the industry. When you need an iOS, Android or web app to solve a problem, grow your business or engage your employees, partnering with us is a no-brainer. We provide end-to-end mobile solutions for a range of app development projects, including iOS, Android, full-stack web and design.
Here at Big Nerd Ranch our mission is to empower individuals and organizations to dream big and achieve more through innovative digital product development and training. While being, Brilliant, Curious, Kind, Hardworking, Authentic and Accountable.
We are seeking a Content Writer to join our team on a 6 months contract (could be extended or brought on full-time based on performance). This candidate can work remote from home with occasional on-site meetings and attendance.
- Collaborate with developers, designers, product owners, sales, internal subject matter experts, and external influencers to produce relevant content that enable our buyers with information they need at their respective stage in the buying journey.
- Manage multiple content projects in a fast-paced agile environment, with the ability to efficiently meet set deadlines.
- Actively contribute to the B2B and B2C content strategy and creative brainstorming for topics that drive awareness and increase revenue.
- Determine the most effective message positioning, content deliverable, distribution channel, and delivery timing for each project.
- Manage digital customer communities and find creative ways to engage with them through content.
- Orchestrate our active and vibrant social media platforms ensuring all content is relevant, fresh, high quality and Nerdy.
- Author all thought-leadership content including white papers, blogs, press releases, etc.
- Produce weekly emails and measure the effectiveness of campaigns while leveraging AB Testing.
You’ll be successful in this role if:
- Will have a portfolio with B2B writing samples you are willing to share
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications, or equivalent experience.
- Have at least 1-2 years of professional writing experience, 1-2 years within the engineering or technology industry preferred
- Understanding of WordPress usage is a plus
- SEO basics and desire to learn more
- Have knowledge of inbound marketing methodology and how to produce messages tailored to customer lifecycle stages
- Have experience using key business insights and data to inform creative content development
- Are results-driven and have experience using performance metrics to increase the effectiveness of future content
- Are extremely collaborative and enjoy communicating across all departments, including leadership.
Benefits We Offer:
- Retina MacBook Pro and Geek Desk for when you’re at the office
- A flexible, remote-friendly and learning based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
- At Big Nerd Ranch you’ll be working with the most brilliant, kind, and hardest working people in the solar system. You’ll help companies build and launch useful products, and share what you’ve learned with the world.
Are you up to the challenge?
Big Nerd Ranch, a subsidiary of projekt202, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability