Manual QA Tester
Manual QA Tester
Established in 2001, Big Nerd Ranch specializes in client app development and expert instruction from the brightest developers and designers in the industry. When you need an iOS, Android or web app to solve a problem, grow your business or engage your employees, partnering with us is a no-brainer. We provide end-to-end mobile solutions for a range of app development projects, including iOS, Android, full-stack web and design.
Here at Big Nerd Ranch our mission is to empower individuals and organizations to dream big and achieve more through innovative digital product development and training. While being, Brilliant, Curious, Kind, Hardworking, Authentic and Accountable.
We are seeking a Manual QA Tester to join our team. As a Manual QA Tester, you will be responsible for manually verifying acceptance criteria and designs based on user stories and requirements. You should be great at writing test cases and knowing what to look for when the time comes to test software increments. This resource must reside in the United States. This candidate can work 100% remote from home.
- Creating test cases, building test plans and running manual acceptance tests
- Explaining defects, reproduction steps, test plans, and different quality assurance efforts
- Help guide clients towards effective solutions that balance technical requirements and business needs.
- Attend development meetings (stand-ups, kick-offs, retrospectives) and design sessions with teams and clients.
- Inspire fellow nerds, future clients, our students, and the community at large by writing, speaking, screencasting, contributing to open source software, and demonstrating our collective expertise and experience.
You’ll be successful in this role if:
- Have at least 3 years of experience specifically testing for Android, iOS and Web platforms
- Can eloquently explain defects, test plans, and different quality assurance efforts
- Feel comfortable testing on physical devices or on cloud platforms like Sauce Labs
- Experience with distribution platforms like App Center and TestFlight
- Feel comfortable being the sole tester on large projects
- Experience using test case management tools like qTest Manager and TestRail
- Experience using issue tracking tools like Jira and PivotalTracker
- Experience using Git for version control
- Feel comfortable testing APIs using Postman or similar tools
- Have experience referencing designs and mocks with tools like Zeplin, InVision, and Figma
- Have experience working closely with internal and external teams
- Understand the differences between iterative and waterfall software development
- Have previous experience in a software development agency or consultancy
Benefits We Offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401k matching, short- and long-term disability
- Retina MacBook Pro and Geek Desk for when you’re at the office
- A flexible, remote-friendly and learning based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
- Education is hugely important to us. We want to send you to one conference a year, and if you want to learn about something entirely different we’ll train you at one of our bootcamps.
- The fridge is loaded and the kitchen is stocked. Craft caffeine? Check.
- On-site personal training sessions
- At Big Nerd Ranch you’ll be working with the most brilliant, kind, and hardest working people in the solar system. You’ll help companies build and launch useful products, and share what you’ve learned with the world.
Are you up to the challenge?
Big Nerd Ranch, a subsidiary of projekt202, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.