QA Automation Engineer
QA Automation Engineer
Established in 2001, Big Nerd Ranch specializes in client app development and expert instruction from the brightest developers and designers in the industry. When you need an iOS, Android or web app to solve a problem, grow your business or engage your employees, partnering with us is a no-brainer. We provide end-to-end mobile solutions for a range of app development projects, including iOS, Android, full-stack web and design.
Here at Big Nerd Ranch our mission is to empower individuals and organizations to dream big and achieve more through innovative digital product development and training. While being, Brilliant, Curious, Kind, Hardworking, Authentic and Accountable.
We are seeking a QA Automation Engineer with a focus on mobile iOS/Android automation to join our team. As a QA Automation Engineer, you will mainly be responsible for automating new and existing test cases. You should feel comfortable working in an existing code base, but you should also feel comfortable setting up test environments from scratch for both mobile & web applications. You should be great at writing test cases and knowing what to look for when the time comes to test software increments. Front-end UI automation, back-end API automation, and some manual testing will be required. This resource must reside in the United States. This candidate can work 100% remote from home.
- Review requirements and identify areas to be tested.
- Determine the best tools and frameworks for a given project.
- Develop automation suite from the ground up
- Write test scenarios, test cases, and test scripts. Define, collect, and document data for testing. Identify, log and review defects.
- Maintain and retire test cases and test scripts at the end of the work effort. Maintain traceability between test cases/scripts and requirements. Ensure that all testing results are easily accessible.
- Ensure that the team follows the testing standards, guidelines, and testing methodology as specified in the testing approach.
- Review test, validation, and pilot results with Test Lead to ensure that they meet the entry and exit criteria.
- Effectively communicate with project stakeholders and developers with status updates and testing efforts.
- Create framework components and reusable functions for automation and performance testing.
- Build user documents and script maintenance instructions for automation and performance testing scripts.
- Write automation code in existing project.
- Automate existing manual test cases.
- Kick off automation scripts as needed.
- Manual testing as necessary.
- Assist with deployment testing.
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Have at least 5-7 years of experience specifically testing for Android, iOS, and Web platforms in both an automated & manual capacity.
- Have expertise creating automation suites in Appium, Xcode, and Android Studio.
- Have automation experience testing REST services, webAPI, and web services using tools like Postman, Cypress, and SOAP UI.
- Feel comfortable testing on physical devices or on cloud platforms like Sauce Labs
- Have experience with distribution platforms like App Center and TestFlight
- Feel comfortable being the sole tester on large projects
- Have experience using test case management tools like qTest Manager
- Have experience using issue tracking tools like Jira and PivotalTracker
- Have experience using Git for version control
- Have experience referencing designs and mocks with tools like Zeplin, InVision, and Figma
- Have experience working closely with internal and external teams
- Understand the differences between iterative and waterfall software development
- Have previous experience in a software development agency or consultancy
- Feel comfortable communicating with stakeholders internally and externally
Benefits We Offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401k matching, short- and long-term disability
- Retina MacBook Pro and Geek Desk for when you’re at the office
- A flexible, remote-friendly and learning based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
- Education is hugely important to us. We want to send you to one conference a year, and if you want to learn about something entirely different we’ll train you at one of our bootcamps.
- The fridge is loaded and the kitchen is stocked. Craft caffeine? Check.
- On-site personal training sessions
- At Big Nerd Ranch you’ll be working with the most brilliant, kind, and hardest working people in the solar system. You’ll help companies build and launch useful products, and share what you’ve learned with the world.
Are you up to the challenge?
Big Nerd Ranch, a subsidiary of projekt202, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.