Senior iOS Developer
Senior iOS Developer
Established in 2001, Big Nerd Ranch specializes in client app development and expert instruction from the brightest developers and designers in the industry. When you need an iOS, Android or web app to solve a problem, grow your business or engage your employees, partnering with us is a no-brainer. We provide end-to-end mobile solutions for a range of app development projects, including iOS, Android, full-stack web and design.
Here at Big Nerd Ranch our mission is to empower individuals and organizations to dream big and achieve more through innovative digital product development and training. While being, Brilliant, Curious, Kind, Hardworking, Authentic and Accountable.
We are seeking a Senior iOS Developer to join our team. This person must reside in the United States and can work 100% remote from home.
- Develop applications for Big Nerd Ranch and for our clients
- Code-review your teammates
- Write stories (use cases, technical and functional requirements), tests and code.
- Help guide clients towards effective solutions that balance technical requirements and business needs.
- Participate in our technology sales process by attending sales meetings and providing estimates, risks, assumptions, and requirements for future opportunities.
- Attend development meetings (stand-ups, kick-offs, retrospectives) and design sessions with teams and clients.
- Inspire fellow nerds, future clients, our students, and the community at large by writing, speaking, mentoring, contributing to open source software, and demonstrating our collective expertise and experience.
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Possess strong development experience in core aspects of iOS development including architecture, design, configuration, the Xcode environment, unit testing, Objective-C, and Swift
- Have at least 7-10 years of experience as a mobile developer developing apps for iOS
- You have a solid knowledge of multithreaded programming and UI concepts
- You’ve endured the App Store submission process
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have experience being in a client-facing/interacting environment
Benefits We Offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401(k) matching, short- and long-term disability
- Retina MacBook Pro and Geek Desk for when you’re at the office
- A flexible, remote-friendly, and learning-based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
- Education is hugely important to us. We want to send you to one conference a year, and if you want to learn about something entirely different we’ll train you at one of our bootcamps.
- The fridge is loaded and the kitchen is stocked. Craft caffeine? Check.
- On-site personal training sessions in Atlanta HQ
- At Big Nerd Ranch you’ll be working with the most brilliant, kind, and hardest working people in the solar system. You’ll help companies build and launch useful products, and share what you’ve learned with the world.
Are you up to the challenge?
Big Nerd Ranch, a subsidiary of projekt202, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.