Senior Program Manager
Senior Program Manager
Established in 2001, Big Nerd Ranch specializes in client app development and expert instruction from the brightest developers and designers in the industry. When you need an iOS, Android or web app to solve a problem, grow your business or engage your employees, partnering with us is a no-brainer. We provide end-to-end mobile solutions for a range of app development projects, including iOS, Android, full-stack web and design.
Here at Big Nerd Ranch our mission is to empower individuals and organizations to dream big and achieve more through innovative digital product development and training, while being Brilliant, Curious, Kind, Hardworking, Authentic and Accountable.
The Senior Program Manager (SPM) will be responsible for ensuring ongoing success and opportunities for growth on strategic accounts at Big Nerd Ranch. This strategic role works closely with both the BNR project strategists managing specific projects, and with the BNR account manager expanding our reach into new parts of the account’s organization. The SPM is focused on building and maintaining critical relationships with account stakeholders, and are identifying ways to match their ongoing needs with our services.
They are ultimately accountable to the success of our various ongoing engagements within the account. This candidate must reside in Atlanta, GA, or willing to relocate to Atlanta,GA.
- Performs large-scale, complex program management on client engagement(s) and/or serves as a program manager leading multiple projects for a client engagement
- Maintains client/partner relationships and demonstrates mastery in leading/overseeing projects within domain of expertise to ensure successful outcomes
- Works with clients to deliver strategic management and technical solutions across service offerings
- Collaborates across sales cycle to energize business development efforts, partners with Business Development Manager to help identify new opportunities/establish new business, and to drive the continuation of existing work
- Collaborates with Big Nerd Ranch’s project based Nerds, and Business Development Manager to drive value in recurring check-ins with clients by developing and promoting innovative solutions, methodologies, and proposals in an effort to help client achieve positive business outcomes
- Collaborates with other delivery leaders to generate work for other practice areas and create cross practice offerings
- Reports on current account activities—along with strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats within the account—to the leadership team
- Supports recruitment, selection, staffing, and onboarding of Nerds to projects; assists in qualifying opportunities and works with people managers and Nerds to assess project fit
- Provides guidance, coaching, mentoring, and day-to-day direction for Nerds on project(s)
- Demonstrates proficiency in assisting Business Development Manager with: creation of proposals, writing RFPs and SOWs, reviewing proposals with clients
You’ll be successful if you have
- Bachelor degree or master degree in business, information systems, or related field are required
- 2 or more years managing simultaneous digital product development projects under a program are required
- 5 or more years managing agile software development projects and/or products are required
- Stellar relationship-managing, communication (written and verbal), and reporting skills are required
- At least 2 years of experience working with account stakeholders and internal and external organizational leadership are required
- At least 1 year of strategic account management experience preferred
- People management experience preferred
- Must be in Atlanta, GA, or willing to relocate to Atlanta
Benefits We Offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401(k) matching, short- and long-term disability
- Retina MacBook Pro and Geek Desk for when you’re at the office
- A flexible, remote-friendly, and learning-based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
- Education is hugely important to us. We want to send you to one conference a year, and if you want to learn about something entirely different we’ll train you at one of our bootcamps.
- The fridge is loaded and the kitchen is stocked. Craft caffeine? Check.
- On-site personal training sessions in Atlanta HQ
- At Big Nerd Ranch you’ll be working with the most brilliant, kind, and hardest working people in the solar system. You’ll help companies build and launch useful products, and share what you’ve learned with the world.