Senior Project Strategist
Senior Project Strategist
Established in 2001, Big Nerd Ranch is the leader in building authentically useful digital products for our clients, and teaching them to do the same. When you need a sustainable digital solution to your business pain points, , grow your business or engage your employees, partnering with us is a no-brainer. We provide end-to-end product development solutions–iOS, Android, full-stack web, UI/UX design, experience research, project strategy, and QA testing–to solve a wide range of business needs. Here at Big Nerd Ranch our mission is to empower individuals and organizations to dream big and achieve more through innovative digital product development and training. We do this while being Brilliant, Curious, Kind, Hardworking, Authentic and Accountable.
We are looking for an Atlanta-based Senior Project Strategist. Senior Project Strategists at Big Nerd Ranch are highly experienced in managing critical projects, or building valuable products during the professional career. Just as importantly, Senior Project Strategists have a proven track record of effectively managing relationships, making or counseling senior leadership on strategic decisions, and persuading key stakeholders through impactful presentations and speeches.
Successful Senior Project Strategists at Big Nerd Ranch are highly proactive, authoritative, inquisitive, and relationship-oriented.
- Manage large-scale and/or strategically important projects, including deliverables, budgets, and roadmaps
- Source requirements, write stories and epics, manage backlogs
- Build and manage product roadmaps and milestones
- Provide expertise on, lead, and facilitate product-oriented design thinking practices and activities
- Facilitate all Agile ceremonies and ensure teams are collaborating effectively
- Manage programs that consist of several tightly related projects
- Build and maintain strong and productive partnerships by being a trusted advisor to clients
- Represent the project team to internal and external stakeholders
- Partner with the sales team in pursuing net new opportunities
- Contribute to writing and reviewing contracts as needed
- Able to effectively build and teach training classes on agile product development practices
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Have at least 5 years as a digital project manager, product owner/manager, or scrum master
- Delivered mobile and web applications from ideation to production
- Have a strong record of public speaking and presenting
- Have a CSM, CSPO, PMI-ACP, or related certification
- Can effectively compare and contrast various Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, SAFe, LeSS), and can also effectively compare and contrast Lean vs Agile.
- Have experience with design thinking, lean UX, design sprints, and related product-oriented frameworks
- Can eloquently explain how digital products are architected and built from a technology perspective
- Nerd out on technology, whether it’s keeping up with the latest in mobile technologies, or spending weekends learning to code
Benefits We Offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401k matching, short- and long-term disability
- Retina MacBook Pro and Geek Desk for when you’re at the office
- A flexible, remote-friendly and learning based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
- Education is hugely important to us. We want to send you to one conference a year, and if you want to learn about something entirely different we’ll train you at one of our bootcamps.
- The fridge is loaded and the kitchen is stocked. Craft caffeine? Check.
- On-site personal training sessions
- At Big Nerd Ranch you’ll be working with the most brilliant, kind, and hardest working people in the solar system. You’ll help companies build and launch useful products, and share what you’ve learned with the world.
Are you up to the challenge?
Big Nerd Ranch, a subsidiary of projekt202, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.