Established in 2001, Big Nerd Ranch specializes in client app development and expert instruction from the brightest developers and designers in the industry. When you need an iOS, Android or web app to solve a problem, grow your business or engage your employees, partnering with us is a no-brainer. We provide end-to-end mobile solutions for a range of app development projects, including iOS, Android, full-stack web and design.
Here at Big Nerd Ranch our mission is to empower individuals and organizations to dream big and achieve more through innovative digital product development and training. While being, Brilliant, Curious, Kind, Hardworking, Authentic and Accountable.
We are looking for a Talent Sourcer to join our PeopleOps team and manage the first stage of our recruiting process. Talent Sourcer responsibilities include using various channels to look for potential candidates, contacting passive candidates and building talent pipelines for future hiring needs. If you have solid networking skills, know how to source on social media and enjoy learning about different roles, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will proactively identify our hiring needs and help us fill our vacancies with qualified employees. This is an entry level position with potential for career growth in a fast paced/dynamic Tech company. This position will report directly to the Director of People Operations.
- Interact with potential candidates on social media, professional networks and job boards to generate a candidate pipeline of qualified individuals
- Craft and send recruiting emails to generate leads
- Identify qualified candidate profiles using various sourcing techniques
- Develop talent pipelines for future hiring needs
- Identify external networks within tech to generate viable candidates
- Promote our employer brand online and offline
- Maintain candidate databases (e.g. via our Applicant Tracking System)
- Communicate with past applicants regarding new job opportunities
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Proven work experience as a Talent Sourcer or similar role
- Must be a hunter not a farmer
- Hands-on experience with sourcing techniques (e.g. recruiting on social platforms, job boards, networking events)
- Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems and Candidate Management Systems
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to positively present our company and open roles to potential candidates
- Effective time-management abilities
- High School Graduate. Bachelors’ preferred.
Benefits We Offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401(k) matching, short- and long-term disability
- Retina MacBook Pro and Geek Desk for when you’re at the office
- A flexible, remote-friendly, and learning-based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
- Education is hugely important to us. We want to send you to one conference a year, and if you want to learn about something entirely different we’ll train you at one of our bootcamps.
- The fridge is loaded and the kitchen is stocked. Craft caffeine? Check.
- On-site personal training sessions in Atlanta HQ
- At Big Nerd Ranch you’ll be working with the most brilliant, kind, and hardest working people in the solar system. You’ll help companies build and launch useful products, and share what you’ve learned with the world.
- Note: As a result of COVID-19, this position is remote until further notice.
Are you up to the challenge?
Big Nerd Ranch, a subsidiary of projekt202, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.